24.12.12

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette│Review & Swatches

naked basics 6

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette ($.27.00) is the first matte eyeshadow palette the brand has released. It features six neutral shadows including 4 never before seen shades! The palette itself is tiny, quite convenient for travelling. However, all six shades are full-sized shadows (0.05 oz). Though Venus has a satin finish (matte palette anyone?), the rest of the shadows are completely matte. Foxy, W.O.S and Naked 2 are neutral shadows that work great to create a smoky eye.The main idea of this palette is to have the basic colours to then build up a more intense eye makeup. All shadows have great performance, colour payoff and a luxe finish. The packaging has a slight suede-like feel, not as rubbery as Nars packaging. I personally don't feel like it'll get as dirty since it's not black.

naked basics 2
naked basics 1
naked basics 3
naked basics 4
naked basics 7
naked basics swatch

Venus is a soft white with a demi matte finish, it does seem like a satin finish. The texture is soft and it adds light under the eyebrow and in the inner corner of the eye.
Foxy is a cream bisque matte, also included in the Naked 2 palette. I think it would have been wonderful that a new shade replaced this one.
W.O.S is a light nude with a matte finish. It's also included in the BYOP ($.18.00)
Naked 2 is a taupe with a matte finish. It reminded me a bit of Mac Bisque. I like this shade a lot, it gives a slight hint of colour on the lid and looks very nice and natural.
Faint is a dusty brown matte with warm undertones, it has a great pigmentation and a lovely finish.
Crave is the deepest brown/black matte, i find it very similar to Blackout which is included in the Naked 2 palette.

naked basics 5
Naked Basics Palette compared to iPhone 4S

Overall, this is a great palette and if you're into neutrals this is perfect for you! however if you want to try a more colourful palette then this is definetly not for you. I find it perfect for everyday use to wear to work, school, wherever really :) Since it has light-to-medium-to-dark colours you can still build up and create a smoky, sultry look. Or a naked look too! 

Do you like this palette? You could win it on my giveaway! Enter here.

20 comments:

  1. I think I am going to try this. I love the colors and I love love love my naked palette. Btw, the pic of the palette next to an Iphone was BRILLIANT! That totally made me understand its size. Someone can say 3"x5" and I would be like "OK..." Thanks for helping us who are visual, LOL!!

    Take Care,
    Mandy Jean
    www.mandyjeanchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm glad I can help. I just thought I'd compare it to something most of us have seen before instead of the Naked 2 or whatever. Haha :) xo

      Delete
  2. I like the look of this, but i think foxy is too yellow-toned for me, would make a gorgeous pressie though :)

    Merry Christmas!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I just purchased this yesterday, wore it today, and loving it! It's perfect for every day and for travel. Sophierosehearts is right about the Foxy color being yellow toned, I have yellow ish undertones so it works for me, but I can see how it may not work as well for those with more pink undertones.

    So versatile though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, yellow undertones :) I LOVE it! xo

      Delete
  4. wow, all the shades looks really nice especially since I am into neutrals. Great review! thanks for sharing ^_~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally not my thing. I find the highlight shades too similar and boring. I need richer browns and mochas in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try out this palette as I think it perfect for everyday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of those colours are gorgeous!

    http://rhiannonswardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute little palette! Would be great for the makeup bag! And thanks for the review hun, I didn't know the eye shadows were all matte! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Though Venus is a demi-matte shade ;) xo

      Delete
  9. check over herecheck my source find thiswhy not check here my companygo to the website

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! If you have any questions tweet me @judyveggies Please refrain from self promotion, spam or follow for follow comments, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips