I've been trying out new products that quickly became my absolute favourites in the last couple of months. I'm always looking for a good face cleanser that has hydrating properties but still gets out impurities and makeup. Skincare has become so important, I consider this first before makeup. Imagine having the best makeup on but looking terrible due to bad skin? No no no. My skin type is combination (I tend to get oily on the T-zone) + sensitive (but not ultra-sensitive). I still avoid getting products that are super harsh and contain detergents and other abrasive ingredients. Most are natural and I've had a good experience with all of these products. Needless to say, I recommend the products to anyone who has dry-normal-combination-sensitive skin.
I like to alternate between the following products to change my routine, I sense that my skin will get used to certain ingredients and won't work the same way. (call me crazy!)
1. Antipodes Juliet Skin-Brightening Gel Cleanser ($.34.00):Antipodes is a brand I've fallen in love with, it has such amazing products that actually work. I was over the top excited to try it and I had really high hopes. Until today it hasn't let me down. The products are well known for containing manuka honey (has antibacterial and healing properties, works as an anti-wrinkle agent and as a natural astringent) and also for being natural, organic and cruelty free! :) The first week I used this cleanser (twice a day) my skin was instantly soft and had an amazing glow, I didn't break out during the whole time and my skin seemed healthier. I use a face brush whenever I need an extra clean and my skin looks even brighter! The texture of the gel is really nice, it has a lovely scent of green apple and cardamon. A little goes a long way.
2. Lush Angels on Bare Skin Face Cleanser ($.28.95):this fabulous cleanser works on all skin types. I love how it works on my skin, it gently exfoliates and cleanses my skin without leaving it dry, instead it releases a very milky almond fluid when mixed with water. The results are incredibly soft and clean skin. See full review here.
Lush Fresh Farmacy Face Soap ($.9.95): this soap is perfect for when you're having a really "bad skin day/week". Those days when you're breaking out like crazy, you know? Everyone has them. It has soothing calamine and chamomile to calm skin and tea tree to clear up blemishes AND it's suitable for sensitive skin. I know some people who use this it as a spot treatment, I have too. It really works wonders, it gets rid of swelling and redness and brings out a calm, non-irritated skin. See my review here.
L'occitane Ultra Rich Face Soap ($.10.00): Remember my last review on this soap? It has really lasted me ages! Formulated with a soft cleansing base with 8% shea butter and is gentle enough for daily use. The results are soft, hydrated and fresh skin. Now, I know a friend of mine tried this and unfortunately broke her out. It leads me to think this soap doesn't suit oily skin. However, in my personal experience and skin type works quite well.
Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar ($.4.59):I first started using this soap to treat my skin condition called keratosis pilaris which is commonly known as "chicken skin." I've had it on my cleavage since I was about 15. I've tried a lot of products to help diminish the appearance of "chicken skin" but nothing has really worked. It's not red and isn't very noticeable, but still I wish it wasn't there! This soap has helped reduce the appearance. I tried it on my face and had good results too. Is very gentle and moisturizes and cleans my skin. I know the liquid soap is more of a popular option, but is basically the same product in different packaging.
Have you tried any of these facial cleansers? What is you favourite cleanser?
Happy Tuesday! So, you say you can't wait for spring? Me neither! I picked 5 nail polishes to wear them accordingly. While I did my research for which trends were hot on the runways I found out pale, metallics and dark colours are all over! But honestly I can't relate to that trend, y'all. Spring is all about pastel and creamy shades, don't you agree?
I never say this type of things but isn't time passing so quickly?! I feel like january flew by and now february! And you know what that means, time for favourites! I hope it's still a thing ;) I haven't purchased any new makeup or beauty related products recently, but I've been enjoying some of what I had for a while.
1. Ginerva Green Tea BB Cream: I've replaced liquid foundation with this BB cream, it gives my skin a nice glow and covers up beauty marks and small freckles. What I like the most is how it smells,fresh and sweet.
2. Sebastian Potion 9: I find that Sebastian does amazing hair products, I first fell in love with the foamy conditioner and now this. Is a liquid styling cream that I use with wet hair, it helps control the frizz. I rather let my hair air dry almost every day, so I need some type of detangling and de-frizzing product.
3. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette: Probably the most reached-for palette in my collection. I find it so easy to create an everyday look with it. Also perfect for the "no makeup" makeup look :)
5. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose: the most hyped up MSF! I like it because is not only great as a highlighter but as a blusher too! It's a super pigmented coral with a pink undertone and lots of gold shimmer.
6. YSL Parisienne Eau de Parfum: The sweetest floral fragrance I own. It has damask rose and tart blackberry notes that make it truly irresistible. And the bottle is so pretty.
7. Antipodes Vanilla Pod Hydrating Cream: This cream is super hydrating without being greasy, it's packed with lots of natural/organic ingredients including manuka honey that has powerful antibacterial properties that keep skin clear and fresh. I now want to try the night cream, which seems amazing!
8. Antipodes Kiwi Seed Oil Eye Cream:I hate to say it, but now I must take care of my eye area. This eye cream feels very refreshing. I apply loads at night before bed and in the morning before applying serums or makeup. I still can't make a consistent review cause I've only used it for about a month, but so far so good.
This month I got 4 nail products in my box + a mini lash curler. I like the box a lot, though I wish I had remembered to change my "style" because I already have a lot of red nail polish. The two shades it came with were Claudette, a smoky red brick red and Helen, a smoky pastel lavender creme. Plus the Oxygen Nail Treatment and the Freedom Topcoat. I'm still trying to figure out how to use the Oxygen treatment, it's meant to condition weak nails and should be used twice a week. I'll post an individual review in a few days :)
Hey everyone! I decided to do a giveaway today since I have a lipstick to spare ;) I am giving away one (1) Tarte lipstick in the shade Fierce, boy are these good! I reviewed the same shade here recently. If you'd like to win this all you have to do is enter in the widget below. This is a small way to thank all of those who have supported my blog and stick around though I have been a little naughty and haven't posted much this year :/ But I'll try to keep up, I have a lot of things to share with you! Good luck!
Chapped, cracked, splitting lips are the worst! Caused by cold weather, exposure to the sun, dehydration and allergies. Drinking enough water and applying the Antipodes Organic Lip Balm ($.9.00) has helped me counteract the environmental causes that make my lips crack. It contains organic oils of olives, jojoba and shea butter. It's very soothing and hydrating and leaves my lips feeling smooth and moist. I think I'll add this to my list of lipcare products.
Will you be wearing red lipstick for Valentine's Day? I will. Specifically the Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12-hour lipstick ($.26.00) in Fierce. A bright red perfect for a date night or any other day. You see, wearing red lipstick is not really my thing. I hate having to re- apply and fading can be a pain in the you know where. Tarte however, never disappoints with the long-wearing and no-fading in their products. The lipstick is super creamy and goes opaque in one swipe. The packaging is also amazing. It seems like it's recycled but I don't know for sure, and every shade has a different colour on the tube! (black tubes = boring)
I got this lipstick through Glossybox, on the special edition January Glossybox + the Man Repeller box <3
Have you tried Glamazon lipsticks? What's your favourite shade?
Happy saturday! Lately I've had a hard time matching my foundation with my skin. I got sun-tanned and my body doesn't really matches my face. /// I got the Clinique Even Better foundation in the shade 07-vanilla but it didn't do the trick, my skin is far too yellow-toned for it, still it's a really nice medium coverage foundation. On my cheeks I've been using the Mac Mineralize Skin Finish in Stereo Rose (blusher) + the Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel (highlighter). When I first got Stereo Rose I thought about Nars Orgasm, but as soon as I got back home and swatched them side by side I realized Orgasm has a deep golden finish while Stereo Rose has more bronze in it . Still, in case you were lusting after Stereo Rose I'd recommend you check Orgasm. They're not a dupe at all, but the finish on the skin is quite similar. I noticed the other day, I had not used myUD Smoked Palette at all in the past few months, and it's mainly because I love wearing earth-toned eyeshadows. For this FOTD I wore Kinky all over the lid and under the brow, Backdoor in the outer corner blending it towards the middle and Freestyle on the inner corner. This has become my favourite makeup look over the last few weeks, I hope you like it too!