15.6.12

How To: Clean your Brushes

brush care

Hey lovelies! Today i wanted to share with you how i clean my makeup brushes. I think that makeup is only as good as tools are and it's extremely important to take proper care of them so they last several years and stay as good as new.

I do a cleaning routine that includes 4 simple steps:
STEP 1: Take a cotton pad and put a drop of brush cleanser. I use Mac Brush Cleanser which disinfects and conditions the brush at the same time. Swirl the bristles until you see the colour coming out of the brush.
STEP 2: Add a little water to the brush and swirl it in the back of your hand until the bristles are covered in soap.
STEP 3: I like to complete the cleaning with a little shampoo. I use very mild shampoo (baby shampoo), repeat step 2 and rinse thoroughly until all the shampoo residue is gone.
STEP 4: Reshape the brush and let it dry in a clean towel with the bristles hanging off the edge.
I clean my personal brushes every 2 weeks, but if i do makeup on someone else i clean it after it's use. For quick cleaning in between washings i use the Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner .

Which products do you use for cleaning your makeup brushes and how often do you clean them?

10 comments:

  1. Having just invested in new makeup brushes I have been looking for the best brand of brush cleaner to use - I will have a look at buying the Mac one! Thanks :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Love Forever and Dear Diary are similar but i would say Dear Diary is a brighter pink.

    Thank you for your tips on washing brushes. I need to check that Sephora Daily brush cleaner, since i'm always washing my brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome :) let me know how it works for you! x

      Delete
  3. I don't have a brush cleanser but I've heard good things about the MAC one^^ I normally just use a bit of shampoo when it come to cleaning my brushes :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think using mild shampoo is good for your brushes, but the cleanser disinfects and it avoids getting any type of skin irritation after applying makeup & keeps them in good shape :)

      Delete
  4. Ahh this post could not have been found at a better time - my brushes are well overdue for cleaning!!! I almost feel guilty reading this post haha I actually just clean mine with a mild shampoo but should invest in some proper cleaning products for them like the MAC one you listed.

    Anna xo
    http://www.lifesshinyprettythings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so happy to read this! :) Soo happy this post helped! x

      Delete
  5. Great post! I cycle my brushes between deep cleaning once a week and quick cleaning using Parian Spirit. However, I find the Parian Spirit leaving some oily residue so I'm looking for another alternative. It seems MAC is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it and let me know how it works out for you! xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! If you have any questions tweet me @judyveggies Please refrain from self promotion, spam or follow for follow comments, thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips